Thursday, December 21, 2006

Over The Mountains and Through the Woods....

I am off to be with family, friends and loved ones for the holiday. During this time while watching basketball and bowl games, I'll also be reflecting quite a lot about what to do next when I come back.

It's been three months (!?!) since the blog has been started. And in the midst of work and life, I've tried to write and keep up with the latest developments of the day. However, I also explored some other issues as "think pieces" such as communication skills, not to mention my forays into sports. Politics, of course, is heating up. When we return from the Christmas dinners and the good tidings, a new Congress will be installed. A close scrutiny will be made upon the first hundred hours to see if Rep. Pelosi (now Madame Speaker of the House) will deliver as promised in restoring domestic issues back to America.

It will be also interesting to note how the situation in Iraq will be dealt with. After all, there are still ideas afoot in Washington that there isn't a civil war. Although others can see it, it doesn't mean that this harsh fact has sunk into all circles. After all, to admit the civil war is happening is to admit defeat. This too will be watched with certain aplomb especially when the new Secretary of Defense gives his recommendations about what to do about our overseas situation.

But now, it's time for the Emerald Bowl, Holiday Bowl (and begrudgingly, of course,) the Rose Bowl (Go Michigan!!!!). Not to mention, the Fiesta Bowl, the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl....as well as all of those other bowls in between! ;-)

I send my love and holiday wishes to all of you, but especially (in no particular order):

Gemwolf, Duzey, DCFusion, Just Generic, HarlemHottie, donwhite, maria_stardust, Nikelbee, Yarium, whaaa, Bripe Kimun, ZeddicusZulZorander, truthseeka, Ngydan and psyopswatcher.


If I forgot you, I am sorry. But, I wish you too a very, merry holiday and the best during this festive, wonderous season.

As Vincent D'Onofrio says in The Player, "See you in the next reel!" :)

2 comments:

Maria M. Lopez said...

Hello, Ceci! I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I have to admit, ATS isn't quite the same without you. I certainly hope that you and the powers that be can come to some kind of mutual agreement that may herald your return. *sigh*

Anyway, I dropped by to wish you and fantastic and prosperous new year! I promise to visit more often!!

XXOOXX
ms

Ceci said...

Bripe and ms,

Thank you for your wonderful wishes and words. I appreciate them very much.

bripe: thank you for your thoughtfulness in telling me about reading my posts. That makes me happy that I am doing something right for a change! :)

ms: I did have a wonderful holiday. Thanks for saying so.

As for ATS, I certainly hope that it is the case that there is a change of heart by the powers that be in my case. I still think about my time there and if the word was said, I would most certainly come back. However, keep your fingers crossed for me. Perhaps now that the dust has settled, there might be a change of heart.

Believe me, I miss you guys very much. :)

For you both, I certainly hope that you guys had a wonderful holiday and a great new year. The good thing about January is that there is the hope that change comes for the better. And I certainly hope so for the both of you. :)

Please do visit when you can and drop a hello!

Take good care,

Ceci :)

Affiliations

Powered by WebRing.