Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's Basketball Season Again!!!!! :)

Mostly on Ceci's News and Views, there is a serious buckling down on politics and society, especially after 9/11. I put my nose on the grindstone and churn out "think pieces" on a regular basis without stoppage--when the time permits. And of course, it is mostly serious, serious, serious around here.

Well, all work and no play makes Ceci a dull girl. ;)

However, it's college basketball season. Although more know me for my devotion to politics, a little known fact about me is my love for (American) football and college basketball. Those are two sports that I follow devotedly year after year. Ever since I was "knee high to a grasshopper", my mother and father would take my sister and myself to professional and college games year after year, season after season. Believe me, I've witnessed a lot of sports events. And while others are slinging the turkey back and forth across the table during Thanksgiving, we all camp out with sweet potato pie in hand and watch not only some of the football games on the telly, but of course the Maui Invitational and the pre-season NIT tournament. With all those things coming very soon, it seems that Christmas has come early! :)

But tonight, my UCLA Bruins kicked off their season. They beat BYU tonight. Jordan Farmar is gone (off to the Lakers, of course), but Aaron Afflalo and Darren Collison took his place immensely. But don't count out Lorenzo Mata and "The Prince", Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. They played superbly tonight as they beat BYU. Heck. They may be ranked numero cinco this year, but we will see how things turn out. It is still early yet. And since they are going to be in the Maui Invitational this year, I'll be watching with bells on to see whether they can stay in the top ten.

(Okay, do the 8-clap with me) ;)

Speaking of staying in the top ten, if you are a basketball fan, like I am, were you just puzzled how Oral Roberts University beat number three ranked Kansas tonight? Now that's a real conspiracy. ;)

No comments:

Affiliations

Powered by WebRing.